5.01.2012

Fresh & Fancy Dinners ~ Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

Sunday night I thought it would be fun to make fried rice.  I have tried this once in the past and totally screwed it up...so I wanted to give it another shot.  It actually turned out really yummy, and I'll definitely be making this again sometime.  It's a great fast and low-cost meal for a weeknight, and I love that.



4 cups cooked white rice
3 eggs
2 Tbs. cooking oil
2 Tbs. butter
2 cups frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn)
1/2 bunch green onions chopped
salt, pepper, garlic powder (season to taste)
4 Tbs. Soy Sauce
3 chicken breasts (cooked)

Heat butter & oil in wok.  Add cooked rice, frozen veggies, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder & saute for 5 minutes on medium/high heat.  Scramble eggs in separate pan.  Then, add eggs, soy sauce and chopped cooked chicken breast to wok.  Saute for 5 -10 minutes on medium heat.  Feel free to add any more salt, pepper, garlic, or soy sauce to your preference.  I honestly eye-balled this recipe for the most part...and it turned out great!

Dessert, was one of my favorite Summer treats...Lime Sherbert :)



I'll be linking up to Tasty Tuesdays ~ Hope ya'll have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love rice - my hubby has actually mastered chicken fried rice (almost the only thing he can cook!) so I need to try this to give him a run for his money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.....that rice looks like a big pan of happiness~~ YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I have to try this. Last time I attempted fried rice it looked & tasted like MUSH! Haha. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo lime sherbert sounds amazing! So refreshing, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!