5.01.2012

Fresh & Fancy Dinners ~ Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

Sunday night I thought it would be fun to make fried rice.  I have tried this once in the past and totally screwed it up...so I wanted to give it another shot.  It actually turned out really yummy, and I'll definitely be making this again sometime.  It's a great fast and low-cost meal for a weeknight, and I love that.



4 cups cooked white rice
3 eggs
2 Tbs. cooking oil
2 Tbs. butter
2 cups frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn)
1/2 bunch green onions chopped
salt, pepper, garlic powder (season to taste)
4 Tbs. Soy Sauce
3 chicken breasts (cooked)

Heat butter & oil in wok.  Add cooked rice, frozen veggies, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder & saute for 5 minutes on medium/high heat.  Scramble eggs in separate pan.  Then, add eggs, soy sauce and chopped cooked chicken breast to wok.  Saute for 5 -10 minutes on medium heat.  Feel free to add any more salt, pepper, garlic, or soy sauce to your preference.  I honestly eye-balled this recipe for the most part...and it turned out great!

Dessert, was one of my favorite Summer treats...Lime Sherbert :)



I'll be linking up to Tasty Tuesdays ~ Hope ya'll have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love rice - my hubby has actually mastered chicken fried rice (almost the only thing he can cook!) so I need to try this to give him a run for his money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.....that rice looks like a big pan of happiness~~ YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I have to try this. Last time I attempted fried rice it looked & tasted like MUSH! Haha. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go girl! that looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo lime sherbert sounds amazing! So refreshing, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!