4.16.2012

Packing Tips ~ Kitchen Organization

So my husband thinks I am a freak of nature for even doing this...but, we are moving in a month, and I had alot of time on my hands at work last night...SO, while I only had one patient to take care of...I virtually organized my future  kitchen. :)  Megan, from Honey We're Home wrote her 15 Tips For an Organized Move, which I have been referencing as I begin packing. She was actually the inspiration behind my extreme organization...so you can thank Megan for my insanity :)  

I took these two images and numbered all the cabinets...separating the top from the bottom.  I did this because the thought of packing, unpacking, and organizing a new kitchen was overwhelming to me.   I felt that if I took some time to create a plan of where things would go, I could save alot of time and simplify unpacking when we move in.  So, since I had nothing else to do...I spent about 20 minutes and created this:



I plan to print out both of these pictures to have when I am unpacking my boxes.  Each box will be labeled with:

1.  What is inside
 &
2.  What Cabinet it belongs to

So, unpacking should run very smoothly, with little stress!  
I spent a little time really trying to think about items I use most often and assigned them to cabinets that made sense for us.  So, just in case you are wondering, here is what I came up with:


Every week, I'll be sharing some tips on an organized and efficient move...let's just hope my husband doesn't kill me before then :)



14 comments:

  1. You are going to be SO organized! What a wonderful plan. Moving can be so much work- here's to a painless and happy move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I love that kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! That would make the unpacking process sooo much easier! If you are like me, the kitchen is always the first thing I like to get in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! I might have to use this next time we move so I'm not so stressed out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! We're packing up our kitchen tonight -- this is so helpful. Good luck with your move, sounds like you're staying super organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is is weird that I think this is completely *brilliant*? It makes my little OCD heart go pitter patter (c: I definitely think this will make moving in a ton easier and less overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRLLLLL I renting my house out one summer and i literally make a kitchen map so they knew where to put things and how my kitchen worked… I sooooooo get you!

    yay for organization!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love organization! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, you are so organized!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic idea! Watch out Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This type of thing makes me so giddy! Ha! I love that it's Megan's fault :) Such a brilliant idea. I need to bookmark this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect move! All these packing plans plus the help of furniture removals can ensure one with a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post.This has been a very significant blog indeed. I’ve acquired a lot of helpful information from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us.Man and Van will provide you with perfect size vehicle to transport your belongings to your new home - office. You will also get hard working removals men to load and unload your belongings, with their experience you know that your belongings will be handled carefully.
    Man and Van Croydon

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!