4.18.2012

Favorite Specialty Foods ~ Sweet Treats

Since I am in the specialty food business, I thought it would be fun to occasionally share some of my favorite gourmet foods with you guys here on my blog in hopes that you will find some new treats!  As an owner of a specialty food brand, I find myself always looking for new, interesting, and tasty products to review and try.   Before starting our company, I would scour the internet and grocery aisles of stores like Central Market and Whole Foods to find products that were visually appealing to me.  It was important as we established our brand to create a logo that was current and relatable to people and the market today.  During that process, I happened to find some amazing food products that I love :)  Today, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite sweet treats!



Owner Carrie Morrey started this company using her mother's successful recipes.  They are now sold in small gourmet stores nationwide as well as major specialty stores, Central Market & The Fresh Market.  They are a bit pricey, but delicious!  You can also order online.  Their signature flavor is the Country Ham, but my favorite are the Black Pepper Bacon Biscuits.  They are delicious.




This small crepe company is also based out of Charleston.  Husband and wife team Jack & Rachel Byrne started selling their mix after the success of their crepes & crepe cakes!  The mixes are sold in Charleston area whole foods and gourmet stores around the US.  They also ship their 25-layer crepe cakes, which are beautiful and so unique.


via

Paul Wackym is a local Dallas "Baker Man", as he calls himself!  He makes fun & unexpected flavors such as ginger orange, cinnamon kettle corn, and salted caramel. (My favorite!) His tiny and crunchy cookies can be found at Central Market and small gourmet stores throughout Texas.  


You didn't think I would leave out my favorite brand did you?!?  :)  I began RoRo's Cinn-A-Rolls last year with my husband and grandparents as co-owners.  This has truly been a labor of love, and one of my most exciting endeavors.  We hand make gourmet cinnamon rolls based off my grandmother's (who is RoRo!) recipe.  The rolls are sold fully cooked and frozen, so all you do is heath them up, and they are delicious!  You can find our cinn-a-rolls in smaller gourmet retailers across the US, as well as major specialty store Central Markets throughout Texas.

I hope you enjoyed my first edition of my favorite specialty foods. Not only are these products tasty, but they also make excellent gifts!  I would love to hear some of your favorite specialty food items.  So glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

  1. All of these look sooo good!! I love pralines from Charleston, SC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so good! I've never actually had crepes, but they seem adorable.

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorites! Unfortunately, I'm on a diet hard-core, and can't eat them .. then again, maybe I'll cheat just a little-

    Xoxo
    Just when you thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your business Amy, i'm so glad to have learned about it! Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite weekend indulgences :) I'm looking forward to learning about more specialties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing valuable information.The whole blog is very nice, found some good information here, Thanks.. Specialty Food Stores. We import the finest gourmet specialty foods from around the world, primarily the Middle East, Mediterranean region and Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like good and delicious definitely I will try this one. Thanks for sharing. :)
    restaurant in satya niketan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!