4.23.2012

Bathroom Shelf ~ I Need Your Advice!


Good morning friends!  Did ya'll have a good weekend??  Today I wanted to see what you all think about this shelf that I am wanting to put in our hall bathroom of our new house.  Moving day is May 20th!  Woohoo!  I have seen alot of cute Pinterest ideas, and want to get your thoughts on what I should do!  Unfortunately this is the best picture I currently have of the hall bathroom...but on the opposite side of the mirror there is a little nook, that would be perfect for a shelf for added storage.  For reference, the wall color is "Front Porch" by Sherwin Williams, and it is definitely staying - love it!


This is the shelf (currently in our living room).  It used to be in my room growing up.  I have never loved it in our apartment living room...but there was no other place for it to go, and I didn't want to get rid of it.  So it has just been filled with random items that didn't have a real place...as you can see :)


Here are some ideas ~ Sanding it and painting it Coral or White:

via
via
Or...Now use your imagination here....Keeping the frame brown, but paint the shelves a glossy white.  This would give it a cool two-tone effect that is popular right now.  Julia's entryway table was my inspiration for going this route.  Isn't her table amazing!?!

via

So those are the options - Give me your feedback!  Which route should I go??  

Can you tell I am a little antsy to M-O-V-E?! Have a good day everyone!

AND...

Did you see The Real Housewives of New Jersey last night?  I missed these ladies!  Definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures :)





11 comments:

  1. I think I need a picture of the nook to decide. However, I love the white and coral pictures. It's definitely a peice of furniture you should keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should paint it coral! i'm actually hoping to do the same thing in our bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think either coral or white would look wonderful in the bathroom. I love the pop of color the coral would bring to the space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ladders and think coral is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think coral would be great! What a fun way to add a punch of color and then you can use that as inspiration for the rest of the decorating in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coral - so cute!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most definitely the coral - perfect pop of color for a bathroom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coral is fun! If you go with that color I would add a few little touches of it elsewhere in the bathroom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blog! I love the shelves and I think the coral would be so cute depending on what other colors you are going to put in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel since you have hung onto the piece for so long, the coral is definitely cute, but slightly a trend as of now. I'd suggest painting something with less meaning coral. Maybe add some frames in coral to the shelf. I'd go the two toned option. The dark wood ties in your vanity, but the white will give it new life. Can't wait to see what you decide. And your new house is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really LOVE the coral color. Add's a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!