7.16.2012

Our Weekend

We had one of those weekends that you wish would never end.  The kind where you watch movies, cross things off your to-do list, cook, and just enjoy being at home.  I love those weekends.  I watched The Vow, we grilled out, painted our Master Bedroom, went to Church, started knitting a Fall scarf, and I started my striped hallway...which will take me a few days to complete, I'm sure!  Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days...

 Salmon, grilled chicken, corn, and asparagus...YUM!  We are loving using our grill this summer. I love all the color on my plate!  Everything on this plate was seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  The salmon and chicken were brushed with BBQ sauce, which is my favorite way to grill salmon - it is delicious and so so easy.


My J.Crew knock-off came in the mail the other day, and I got to wear it for the first time.  I LOVE it!  Definitely a great bargain for $20.


I spray painted this "C" a few days ago and finally hung it on the back deck.  I bought it forever ago and a junk/antique store.  It is scrap from an old sign on a building.  I saw the potential and brought it home with me.  It's kind of quirky, but I like it!



I started a gallery wall in our hallway...


...and it was up long enough for me to finally decide to paint stripes in our hallway.  Here is an in-progress picture.  I'm doing gray and white horizontal stripes, and can't wait to see the finished look.  I'm hoping it will open up this space alot.  Our hallway is cute, but tiny with 7 doors, and one built in book shelf...so it definitely looks smaller than it is.  



 We got alot of rain on Sunday, so someone thought it would be fun to dig in the mud.  She definitely got a bath Sunday night after all of her fun :)


I started knitting this scarf for Fall.  Planning on making it an infinity scarf.  I love the blue jewel tones and can't wait to wear this with my boots!



And FINALLY, here is a sneak peak of our painted Master Bedroom.  I chose Flagstone by Martha Stewart, and I love it.  It is a deep gray and perfect for this room.  I decided to swap out this antique desk with my old nightstand to bring some character to the room.  Its coming along!  



Hope ya'll had a good weekend too!


8 comments:

  1. That food looks yummy! Love your decor additions! Looks like you had a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to share the recipe for your BBQ salmon- it looks delicious! I love the way the C turned out, and I can't wait to see the finished product of your striped hallways. You had a pretty productive weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i'm exhausted after reading everything that you did! yay for being productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - big weekend for yall! Yay for getting your necklace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...do share how you grill the salmon. We love using our grill, but hubby is still learning to cook fish on it. Love the color you chose for your bedroom walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM - your grilling looks so good!!! I love that "C" you found - it's perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Can't wait to see how your striped walls and gallery wall turn out in your hallway! I have been toying with the idea of either painting horizontal stripes on a wall or making striped curtains for my home. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!