8.22.2012

{DIY} Skirted Table Cover

Today I wanted to share my first DIY skirted table cover.  I fell in love with so many inspiration pictures on Pinterest, and finally got around to doing this.  My grandmother did all of the sewing...I just helped with the idea and ironing along the way :)  It took a while to complete, but I am really happy how it turned out.  I chose a light linen fabric, and we added the greek key trim.  


Here is the before shot of the table when it was across the room.  Too brown and bulky for this space.  I am not a fan of our couches and chair, but we have to make do for now.  So, the table cover was a very easy and cheap way to lighten up this area.


Here are some full room shots of our progress so far.





You can see we hung white drapes in the dining room too.  I love how it brought both of the rooms together so well.




Tomorrow I'll share a quick tutorial for how we did this. Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. It looks great! It really lightened things up. And I love that lamp! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! Love the Greek key detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! The room is really coming together - it looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room is beautiful! And I love the style of your front door, so rustic! Makes me want to go reorganize my living room :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!