2.15.2012

Michigan On My Mind...

The small town of Marquette, Michigan now holds a special place in my heart.  Before I met my husband, I had never heard of Marquette, nor did I know much about the Upper Peninsula. I had no idea how beautiful and peaceful this area of the country was.  It is now is one of my favorite places to visit.  We try to make it up there every year to spend time with his mom and family.  Last February, we planned our trip for the weekend of the UP200 sled dog races.  This was honestly one of the neatest things I have ever seen!  It is a 4 day event that spans 240 miles across the UP in the freezing snow.  You should definitely follow the link and check it out!

Unfortunately my camera was in my luggage that had not arrived yet - a common occurrence when traveling to the end of the earth Marquette!  But I did find this picture of the event online!  So beautiful!


When my camera did finally arrive, we were able to capture beautiful Marquette in these photos that I wanted to share today!

Peaceful Lake Superior



My dream house...


Adorable historic hotel


UP humor :)


Downtown Marquette


The old ship yard 




Cute doors!  I actually have several of these doors framed in our home.




Miss. Rhuby (my mother in law's dog) loving the snow!  Our dog Finnley could be her twin!


This was our 2011 Christmas card photo!  I love that it's snowing in this picture!


Hubby making a fire overlooking the lake!


Yes, that is a shanty!  I walked out on this frozen lake - my first time! I'm SO adventurous :) ha!


Hope you enjoyed my take on this little Northern town!  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Love these photos! Makes me miss Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of these images are just so beautiful! and i'm always a fan of snow so i definitely think i need to move to michigan!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your blog and scrolling through I saw this MArquette post - I went to NMU For a few years. MArquette is a little slice of heaven...in August ;)Great pictures! Arent the houses to die for? Great doors!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!