2.23.2012

Spring Cleaning!

I've been seeing alot of blogs lately posting about getting rid of the daily clutter piles that accumulate near the kitchen/front door.  Mail, bills, keys, papers, purses, etc....  

via

(This is how I felt!)

We have no excuse.  Yes we started a business last year that keeps us busy in addition to our regular jobs...BUT...It is just me, my husband, and our dog.  No kiddos, and yet we still had an crazy amount of junk piling up on our entry way table.  No "before" pictures of that today...no way!  ...(and I forgot to take the pics!)  Just imagine a bomb going off on our table like the image above :)

To give you an idea, I made a list of the pile of junk that I found:

Mail, bills, TWO cameras/cases, magazines, my purse, keys, sunglasses, dog leash, wedding invitations, gift cards, birthday cards, catalogs, insurance cards, a prescription, brackets to be returned to Home Depot, Adobe Photoshop, a jump drive, my grandmothers house keys, camera cords, a lamp, friends glasses, Philosophy face wash to mail to my sister, business documents, stamps...

...I mean...just R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!

So, I finally had enough...I marched over to Home Goods, bought a wicker basket, came home, and went through it all.  I tossed alot of trash, and put away things we don't need.  Later this week, I plan to steal Courtney's brilliant idea by purchasing a of couple binders to keep all of our important papers that have no specific place to go.  I love how this will keep those things in a centralized place and get it out of my sight!  

Now, on to the AFTER pictures!



It's not super organized, but it has everything we use on a daily basis, as well as things that need to be looked at, returned, etc.  It definitely feels more organized!


Excuse my purse and coffee mug in the mirror :)  




SO much better!  Hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. That looks SOOOO great! I always have the best intentions to organize our papers and all the other... crap? Haha! But I always forget to buy the binders, and so I try to organize and 2 days later it's a disaster again! I am going to the store TODAY to buy a wicker basket and some binders :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I need to be on the clutter busting train as well, it's very necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desparately need a catch all basket! We are so guilty of the piles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am using a basket as a catch all and it is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute idea if you don't have a place to hide everything :)

    I'm a huge fan of red lipstick! When I first went to purchase some, I realized that there are a million different shades of red and you just have to find the one that compliments your skin tone. Who knew?

    From Brooklyn with love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!